Monday, August 13, 2012

Thoughtless Series by S. C. Stephens


Thoughtless Series by S. C. Stephens


For those of you who loved Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James, try the Thoughtless series by S. C. Stephens. So far, the series consists of Thoughtless and Effortless. The third book in the series, Reckless, is expected to be released later this year.
Please note that, as with Fifty Shades of Grey, there are mixed reviews. It appears you will either love it or hate it, so use your reaction to Fifty Shades of Grey as your guide.
For further insight, you can read an interview with the author.

Thoughtless



Description
For almost two years now, Kiera’s boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she’s ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart. Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source - a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he’s purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes … and none of them will ever be the same.

Review

(By Bristol)
I loved this book, even though it did have me on the edge of my seat and grasping my chest at times.
Kiera was faced with an impossible choice and whilst there were times I could have throttled her I sympathised with her as well. I would have hated to be in that situation.
What I loved about this book is you felt the angst - from start to finish this book grips you and doesn't let go until the very last page. You feel like you can't relax because something is always gripping you and sending you in to that spiral of anticipation.
I couldn't put this book down. I stayed up 'til the wee small hours and had to finish it. I was absolutely consumed with the story of Kiera, Kellan and Denny. I loved them all and I especially appreciated how the SC Stephens stayed true to her characters throughout. She never tried to sway us either way. How could you not love Denny and Kellan? As I said...what an impossible choice Kiera had to make.
My heart broke for Kellan as his story unfolded and you learnt more of why he acted the way he did. He was sensual, sensitive and vulnerable and every bit of that showed through his character.
Whilst, I did get frustrated with Kiera a couple of times, I can totally understand her reasons for her actions and the decisions she made.
This book had me in its clutches from start to finish and these characters will stay with me for a long time to come. 
Book Links

Effortless



Description
The long-awaited sequel to Thoughtless. After being caught in the middle of a love triangle which led to a devastating betrayal, Kiera pledged to learn from the mistakes she’d made. She was determined to never again inflict that kind of pain on anyone, especially the soulful, talented man who held her heart. But life offers new challenges for every relationship, and when Kiera’s love is put to the ultimate test, will it survive? Love is easy … trust is hard.

Review
(By READING, EATING & DREAMING)

S.C. Stephens is AMAZING!
Effortless was another 5 STAR novel by S.C. Stephens. I liked Thoughtless, the prequel to Effortless, a tad bit more than Effortless. I know that's going against the majority, but I thought Thoughtless had a little more grit. Thoughtless really pushed the envelope, and I connected with it a tiny bit more. However, Effortless was also a heart stopping, jaw dropping read.
Effortless picks up about a year after Thoughtless. It explores the next stages in Kiera and Kellan's relationship. Since their relationship began under "not-so-normal" circumstances, they have a few challenges in store for them. Mainly, they must learn to trust one another. This becomes even harder for them when Kellan leaves to go on tour. While Kiera is struggling with self-esteem issues, she must also learn to trust Kellan, while he is on the road with hundreds of groupies throwing themselves at him.
Kiera and Kellan are physically separated a large portion of the novel, but because they keep in touch through phone calls and text you still see them "together". It was a crazy hot and extremely sweet novel. Two words: LOVE NOTES! I won't go into detail, just know it is the cutest, most thoughtful thing ever!
This novel highlights the importance of trust, self-confidence and personal growth. It's a great story! A must read!
I gave Effortless by S.C. Stephens 5 STARS! It rocked my socks! I strongly recommend this novel for "mature" young adults (seventeen and up). 
Also by S. C. Stephens: 

Collision Course




Book Links




Author Links

Facebook