Wednesday, October 30, 2013

"Mihirabala" by Santosh Kumar Das

Mihirabala
by Santosh Kumar Das


Description
This is the story of trials and tribulations a young lady has undergone in her search for truth. Manisha is thirteen when her parents have committed suicide. Krupa, their servant, is the cause. From her childhood she has been learning that ‘Good’ wins over ‘Evil’. But opposite is the result in her parents’ case. Which one of the two is true? For this she has intended to undertake a search. Her plan is to marry a person who is more evil than Krupa and start her search. In case of her victory over him, she would take that to be the victory of ‘Good’ over ‘Evil’ and vice versa.

Excerpt
I was sure that Kumar would not have dared to do what he did to me if my parents were alive. But, what would have been my reaction then? Wouldn’t I be a bit accommodative, a bit liberal? Yes, there was chance because I wouldn’t have thought then that Kumar was taking advantage of my helplessness. See the paradox of life! When I would have been accommodative, Kumar wouldn’t have ventured and when I was on my guard, Kumar took me to be an easy target. While our relationship would have been intact in the former case, there was likelihood of its disruption in the latter case. The chance of relationship thriving between two equals is more probable than between two unequals.

Review
There are no reviews as yet for this recent release. Be the first to review this book after reading your copy.

From the Author
Formerly, prior to my father's time, my forefathers were very famous. They were the landlords of our village then. Not a single leaf dared to shake without their permission. Such was their fame. With the passage of time, that renown had deteriorated and made us ordinary by the time of my birth. So I have been brought up in the surrounding of a lower middle-class family. There is nothing extraordinary in my educational qualification so as to make me boastful in that regard. I am, simply, a law graduate. Ten years back I have shifted my place of residence to the city of Cuttack to begin my law practice in the High-Court of our province and have been residing in this city since then. Though my law practice has no such charm, the city itself has a charm of its own which has induced me not to return back to my native village.
Notwithstanding my ordinary upbringing, ordinary education and my failure in law practice, I am an avid reader of English literature since my childhood. The ordinariness of my life must have instilled in me this extraordinary reading habit. Place a book of any sort in my hand and I'll forget the whole world instantly. This interest has encouraged me to go for writing a novel. Mihirabala is my debut novel.

Links