GUEST POST and GIVEAWAY
Secrets of a Reluctant Princess
by Casey Griffin
Secrets of a Reluctant Princess by Casey Griffin is currently on tour with Chapter by Chapter Blog Tours. The tour stops here today for a guest post by the author and a giveaway. Please be sure to visit the other tour stops as well.
At Beverly Hills High, you have to be ruthless to survive ...
Adrianna Bottom always wanted to be liked. But this wasn’t exactly what she had in mind. Now, she’s in the spotlight ...and out of her geeky comfort zone. She’ll do whatever it takes to turn the rumor mill in her favor - even if it means keeping secrets. So far, it’s working.
Wear the right clothes. Say the right things. Be seen with the right people.
Kevin, the adorable sketch artist who shares her love of all things nerd, isn’t exactly the right people. But that doesn’t stop Adrianna from crushing on him. The only way she can spend time with him is in disguise, as Princess Andy, the masked girl he’s been LARPing with. If he found out who she really was, though, he’d hate her.
The rules have been set. The teams have their players. Game on.
Click below to read an excerpt.
Praise for the Book
"... the author’s characterizations of Adrianna, Kevin, Harper, and even Lennox make this YA novel transcendent. The addition of live-action role-playing and reality television keeps the story feeling contemporary, and there’s just enough bathroom humor to add laughs without being too heavy-handed. An effective combination of traditional and modern YA elements." ~ Kirkus Reviews
"This is a great story of friendship and self discovery. It includes the typical HS life, as well as LARPing! Fantastic fun to read and left me hoping that the reality show doesn't ruin Andy's life and relationships!I know my students will love this!" ~ Sarah Bittel, Educator at Canisteo-Greenwood CSD
"Casey Griffin delivered a teen fairytale with Secrets of A Reluctant Princess. It has all the great feels for a teen read and I found myself enjoying the humor and little love story that it gave us." ~ Natalie Miller, Books and Boys Books Blog
"I could really relate to the nerdy side of Andy and found her easily likeable. I especially loved the larping scenes, which were really fun. Her nerd crush on Kevin was cute, too, which lead to PUNS(!) and some really steamy scenes." ~ Inge, Of Wonderland
"If you're looking for a cute, fun, read that contains some fun and a good ending I'd recommend this." ~ Samantha Myers, Pink Earmuffs Tumblr
Guest Post by the Author
I may have been a writer for around ten years now, but it’s taken a lot of different jobs over that time to pay the bills. While most people dread change, I actively seek it out, trying new things, challenging myself - and my sanity, at times. It keeps things fresh, interesting, and has provided me with a surplus of amazing experiences which continue to influence my writing.
The hats that I’ve worn:
1. Cashier and salesperson at a sporting goods store
2. Phone person / delivery driver / cook / manager at a pizza joint
3. Registered nurse in a hospital (Canada)
4. English teacher (Hiroshima, Japan)
5. Server in a small bar (Hiroshima, Japan)
6. Registered nurse (same hospital as before)
7. English teacher (Uji, Japan)
8. Registered nurse in a small hospital (Canada)
9. Travel nurse (Traveled all over British Columbia working short-term jobs at a variety of institutions, from major hospitals to remote clinics)
10. Travel nurse (This time in Sydney, Australia)
11. Operating room nurse (Sydney, Australia)
12. An extra for commercials (Sydney, Australia - Okay, I only got called for one commercial, and I think I was cut, but it paid well and totally counts. I’m practically famous.)
13. Travel nurse (Canada again)
14. Registered nurse (In the same hospital – yes, they hired me three separate times.)
15. Event photographer (I had my own business for a while.)
16. Heavy equipment operator (Alberta Oil Sands – I operate truck, rubber tire dozer, grader, and soon to be excavator. I’ve been doing it for five years now, and I love my job. The ten days on / ten days off schedule allows me to pursue my writing career freely.)
17. Published author (A couple of years ago, I signed my first contract and officially started getting paid to do pursue my passion. While I haven’t transitioned to a full-time writer yet, my fingers are crossed that it will happen one day.)
I might be a Jack-of-all-trades, but the experiences I’ve had, the places I’ve been to, and the characters I’ve met along the way have only made me a better writer. While I’ve hopped from job to job to job, my passion for writing has remained constant and is the one thing that is definitely here to stay.
About the Author
Casey Griffin can often be found at comic conventions on her days off from her day job, driving 400 ton dump trucks in Northern Alberta, Canada. As a jack-of-all-trades with a resume boasting registered nurse, English teacher, and photographer, books are her true passion. Casey is a 2012 Amazon Breakthrough Novel finalist, and is currently busy writing every moment she can.
Enter the tour-wide giveaway for a chance to win a signed copy of Secrets of a Reluctant Princess by Casey Griffin plus a tiara (US only)!